Workspaces make it easy to work on multiple computers by storing your data (connections and queries) in the cloud.
Even better, workspaces allow multiple people to work from the same set of data collaboratively.
Queries and Connections stored in a workspace are only available for use through the Beekeeper Studio app, not through a web interface.
- Workspace - An online collaborative space for
membersto work on
connections. You get one of these when you create a subscription on the account dashboard
- Workspace Member - Someone with access to view and edit queries & connections. The workspace owner (the person who created it) can add and remove members from the workspace.
- Personal Folder - Every workspace member has a
personalfolder where new queries and connections are saved by default. Items in your personal folder are not shared with others.
- Team Folder - If you want to share a connection or query with teammates, move it to the team folder. Everyone in the workspace has access to this folder.
Workspaces are free so long as you maintain an active Beekeeper Studio subscription.
It only takes a few minutes to get started with workspaces.
1. Sign up and create a workspace
Workspaces must be created and managed through the Beekeeper Studio dashboard.
Simply sign in and click
New Workspace to create a new workspace.
2. Start using your workspace
Open the Beekeeper Studio app and sign in to your account by clicking on the avatar icon in the bottom of the left sidebar.
Once you’re signed in to your account, all of your workspaces will appear in the sidebar for you to use.
After connecting to a workspace, Beekeeper works just the same as it does usually, except anything you save will be available across all of your devices.
Deleting a Workspace
The owner of the workspace can delete it from the dashboard. If you delete your workspace, your data will be archived for 30 days, then permanently deleted with no way to recover it.